Home Fig Pie Wake Info & Photos Notice Board  Contact us and Links

Wybunbury Tower

© 2015 Wybunbury Tower Trust     

Registered Charity Number: 517869                                                   Website Designed by R.Masser

Info@wybunbury.org.uk

Wybunbury Tower

Members Login

The leaning tower of the former church of St Chad, also known as the 'Leaning Tower of South Cheshire' and the 'Hanging Steeple of Wimberie', is located in Wybunbury village.The 29.3 m tower is all that remains of a late fifteenth century church demolished in 1833. (Later churches, replacing the fifteenth century one, were also demolished in 1892 and 1977. The tower was stabilised using underexcavation by James Trubshaw in 1832; this is the earliest known application of the technique, which was also used to stabilise the Leaning Tower of Pisa.

 For more information click here

Wybunbury Tower

Download the tower leaflet here